The U.S. Hispanic Leaders Program annually selects a group of Hispanic participants between 30 and 45 years of age, who are prominent professionals especially motivated to promote the interests of the U.S. Hispanic community, broaden their own knowledge of Spain’s contemporary realities and/or strengthen ties with the international Hispanic community.
Candidates are chosen through an open selection process based on compliance with the requirements set forth in the call for candidates. Only completed applications with the required documentation attached that are received through this webpage by the established deadline will be considered. Finalist candidates may be asked to sit for a videoconference interview during the candidate evaluation process.
Call for Candidates
To participate in the program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be 30 to 45 years old at the time of application, and have excellent professional credentials and proven leadership ability.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. residence permit-holder (student visa excluded) and not have Spanish nationality.
- Not have participated previously in this program, the Fundación Consejo España-EE.UU.’s U.S. Leaders Program, or any other visitor program to Spain.
Candidates must apply by filling out the form provided on this webpage and providing the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of passport or National Identity Document
- If not a U.S. citizen, document accrediting legal residency in the United States
- Personal motivation letter (max. 400 words)
- 2 professional letters of reference
- Essay on: What does it mean to be a Hispanic in the U.S.? (max. 400 words)
Very positive consideration will be given to:
- Spanish-language fluency
- Ties with any U.S. political organization, public institution or any other type of organization devoted to empowering or working with the Hispanic community.
Applications not meeting the above requirements, not including the required documentation, or submitted outside of the deadline will not be considered.
2022 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS CLOSED.
The U.S. Hispanic Leaders Program will take place October 16-23, 2022, in Madrid and Malaga.